Volunteers in the area of the ministry will work closely with the Director of KAYN and they will serve in the youth ministry. This could include mentoring and building relationships with students, planning events, and teaching.
- Team player who is able to work cooperatively to carry out the ministry vision of KAYN and its leaders.
- Willing to attend KAYN events on a regular basis.
- Have a personal relationship with Christ and is involved in a local church.
- Has a heart for students.
- Strong relational skills.
Director of KAYN
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend events on a regular basis (this could include Love God-Eat Pie, Thursdays at the Y, 5th Quarter and After Hours).
- Meet with leaders regularly and find opportunities to minister to students in each setting.
- Help with the planning and coordinating of different events throughout the year.
- Invest in student’s lives assisting them to come into a personal relationship with Christ and grow in Him.
- Identify students who are visiting and follow-up to welcome them and encourage their continued participation in ministry opportunities.
Please begin by filling out the following Volunteer & Ministry Support Form:
Submit online or print & return – Volunteer & Ministry Support Form
To serve as a volunteer for KAYN events, the following must also be completed:
Safe Ministry Policy – online submission
Safe Ministry Policy – print/ return
PA Department of Public Welfare – PA Child Abuse History Clearance
PATCH– PA Criminal Record Check
PA Dept of Human Services Fingerprint Registration – FBI Fingerprint Clearance (Please note the location and what to bring links).
OR an affidavit that you have lived in PA for the past 10 years, available here – It must be printed, signed and notarized.
To volunteer at the YMCA, the following form must also be completed:
YMCA Release – print/ return