Kiski Area Youth Network
- Discover a relationship with Christ and His Church.
- Develop their gifts, habits, and character.
- Deploy to serve and lead in their community.
To achieve this we have developed a network of local churches and organizations, passionate supporters and committed volunteers. Over the past few years God has used KAYN in fantastic ways.
- We offer two weekly programs. Tuesdays we do Love God Eat Pie and Thursdays we have a Gathering @ the YMCA.
- We provide Character Coaching for the KAHS football team.
- We help the Kiski Area Association of Churches with 5th Quarter along with other Community Service opportunities and events.
- We have been able to do some hands on Missions work in places like New York City.
- We are a resource for the KA Bible Club.
- We have been able to sponsor assemblies for all high school students through Jon Pritikin and “Feel the Power”. Jon uses feats of strength and story to help kids understand the negative impacts of bullying and the need to accept all kids for who they are.
- We have purchased a building in Vandergrift to be used as our KAYN Youth Center. Currently, we are raising funds to renovate the space. Once it is completed we will hold our various student programs from this location and be able to add new ones as well.
We are so excited because God is doing so much through KAYN, but with your help and support we can do so much more!
Introducing our new Director – Joshua Westurn
Josh Westurn and his wife Amanda were married in 2014. Josh graduated from Geneva College with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and minor in Student Ministry. His wife Amanda has her Bachelor’s Degree and is a Registered Nurse. For 3 years, Josh served as a youth director at a church in Washington state. They are so excited to be back to Pennsylvania to be a part of the KAYN family. In his free time, he enjoys reading, playing Spikeball, and rooting for his Minnesota sports teams. We will be working on changing that last one!
“Becoming the director of KAYN is an incredible opportunity. I’m really looking forward to working alongside the churches in our school district to reach students for Christ. I have a strong passion for teaching the Word and loving on students and KAYN is giving me the perfect platform to live out my passions. Although my wife and I aren’t originally from the Kiski area, we have already formed a love for this community and the people here. The opportunity to work with Kiski Area High School is a blessing: Whether that is character coaching in the fall, getting connected with various clubs, or meeting with the school administration. Amanda and I have much to be thankful for; First to God for leading us to KAYN, second, to the board for the overwhelming support and care that they have shown us, and lastly to all of our KAYN supporters who are allowing me to minister to this community and cultivate relationships that God will bring to fruition. God has a plan for KAYN and I fully believe that he will accomplish great things through this ministry. Habakkuk 1:5 says, “Look at the nations and watch – and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.”
~ Josh Westurn
Our Board of Directors:
- President – Duane Prusia, Parent
- Vice President – Brian Fisher, Parent
- Treasurer – Andy Evans
- Secretary – Bethany Pounds, Kiski Alumna
- Vicki Prusia, Parent
- Paul Musser, Parent
- Frank Collins, Parent
- JoAnn Wesolosky, Parent and Teacher
- Scott Kifer, Parent and Pastor
- Dr. Joshua Strunk, Pastor and Parent