The Kiski Area Youth Network
- Discover a relationship with Christ and His Church.
- Develop their gifts, habits, and character.
- Deploy to serve and lead in their community.
To achieve this we have developed a network of local churches and organizations, passionate supporters and committed volunteers. Over the past few years God has used KAYN in fantastic ways.
- We offer two weekly programs. Tuesdays we do Love God Eat Pie and Thursdays we have a Gathering @ the YMCA.
- We provide Character Coaching for the KAHS football team.
- We help the Kiski Area Association of Churches with 5th Quarter along with other Community Service opportunities and events.
- We have been able to do some hands on Missions work in places like New York City.
- We are a resource for the KA Bible Club.
- We have been able sponsor assemblies for all high school students through Jon Pritikin and “Feel the Power”. Jon uses feats of strength and story to help kids understand the negative impacts of bullying and the need to accept all kids for who they are.
- We have purchased a building in Vandergrift to be used as our KAYN Youth Center. Currently we are raising funds to renovate the space. Once it is completed we will hold our various student programs from this location and be able to add new ones as well.
We are so excited because God is doing so much through KAYN, but with your help and support we can do so much more!
Joshua, his wife Allissa and their 9 children have been a part of our community since September of 2011 when he began pastoring the Community Church of Pine Run EMC in Apollo. Joshua earned his Bachelors in Bible/ Theology and Pastoral Ministry at John Wesley University before earning both his Masters in Religion and his Masters of Divinity at Liberty Theological Seminary. In 2015 Joshua completed his Doctorate in Educational Leadership from Liberty University and began teaching as an online adjunct for Ohio Christian University. Starting in August 2016 Dr. Strunk became the Interim Director of the Kiski Area Youth Network.
Our Board of Directors:
- President – Duane Prusia, Parent
- Vice President – Brian Fisher, Parent
- Treasurer – Andy Evans
- Secretary – Bethany Pounds, Kiski Alumna
- Vicki Prusia, Parent
- Paul Musser, Parent
- Frank Collins, Parent
- JoAnn Wesolosky, Parent and Teacher
- Allan Edwards, Parent and Pastor
- Scott Kifer, Parent and Pastor
Support KAYN when you shop at Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/46-3174187